Since Precision touchpads are significantly better than their counterparts, there is no reason not to set them up on your laptop. You should make sure to have a mouse nearby in case the installation goes wrong and completely disables the touchpad. For this reason, the Windows 11 touchpad gestures do not work. However, if the touchpad gestures worked fine before upgrading to Windows 11, there might be an issue with the drivers. Launch the start menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard. We recommend you have a physical mouse ready, just in case. You probably won’t need it, but we’ve seen reports that this process can cause the touchpad to temporarily stop working while you change its drivers on the Razer Blade and perhaps other PC laptops.
- The specifications for the Precision Touch pad are pretty high, and that is why you find it on more premium devices.
- The steps are the same for both, though a lot of Mini PCI-Express cards have only one antenna connection.
- Sometimes, it’s barely noticeable at all and other times it’s all you can concentrate on.
- Wine is a compatibility layer that allows Windows applications to run on Linux.
- Overall, using Windows drivers on Linux can be a good idea if you’re willing to trade off some drawbacks for the benefits.
To set up and enable WSL involves installing a Linux distribution alongside Windows 10. But in a way that allows the two different operating systems to interact with each other. Under Linux use the file /proc/modules shows what kernel modules (drivers) are currently loaded into memory.
Is there a way to force Windows to use Precision Touchpad drivers rather than Synaptics?
Press one of those keys, and look for the option to boot from the inserted USB drive. If you enter the full setup menu, it should be in a Boot settings menu. When finished, you will see a success message and your flash drive will be named LINUX MINT. Now it’s time to back up your data and reboot your computer. To install it on your system, you will need to burn the file to a DVD or USB flash drive. We are going to do the latter using a tool called Rufus(Opens in a new window).
You can still drive while you wait for your new documents to be sent to you. NdisWrapper allows you to install Windows drivers in Linux, which is a fantastic feature. When operating a device on Windows or Linux, can I use the same driver?
Step-by-Step Guide: Setting Up Bluetooth on Your Computer
You can find if your laptop has a precision touchpad or not directly Rocketdrivers from the Settings app itself. Alternatively, you can download the graphics driver manually from the manufacturer’s support website.
- WSL will still both generate /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts files to allow for DNS resolution.
- Once you complete the steps, if these details match the manufacturer’s information, the device has the latest version of the driver.
- Documentation support is also much more developed in Windows environment as Microsoft has resources necessary to maintain it.
- You probably won’t need it, but we’ve seen reports that this process can cause the touchpad to temporarily stop working while you change its drivers on the Razer Blade and perhaps other PC laptops.
- Copyright and product information are mentioned in the About section.
From within Windows Terminal, you add each WSL distro in it’s own tab. You can also customize the look of each tab so you don’t get lost.